[STDS-802-11-TGM] Pull requests for today's motions

Hello,

I would like to request that the following be pulled (unless they can

easily be fixed as part of the motion), please:

CID 1198 in MAC-AM: It shouldn't be "the MLME shall issue a new MLME-ADDBA.request primitive"

(MLMEs receive MLME.request primitives, they don't send them),

it should be "the SME shall issue a new MLME-ADDBA.request primitive"

CID 2343 in MAC-AL: Should be "one or more HE Compressed Beamforming/CQI frames".

Also "BFRP Trigger frames sent within an HE TB sounding sequence shall solicit HE TB PPDUs."

should not be added as it's confusing -- a BFRP Trigger frame can't solicit anything

else than HE TB PPDUs

CID 2336 in MAC-AL: The change at 4197.25 is not correct, as it's a different field (or maybe that field should be renamed to Max Nc Index)

CID 2316 in MAC-AL: I think it was changed to “GAS frame exchange” (not “GAS Frame Exchange”)

CID 2315 in MAC-AL: I don't think this is correct.  I think the point of "ESA" (albeit perhaps not clear) is that if you have Planned ESS set then you know there are no "dead spots" within the area covered by the ESS (i.e. topologically there are no holes).  Maybe the wording should be closer to "This subfield is set to 1 to indicate that the ESS is deployed to ensure that there is coverage over the entire area bounded by the convex hull of the BSAs of the BSSes in the ESS"

CID 2310 in MAC-AL: The claim made in 22/0311 that the highlighted bits are the same:

The Unsolicited Probe Responses Active subfield is set to 1 if the reported AP is part of an ESS where all the APs that operate in the same channel as the reported AP and that might be detected by a STA receiving this frame [An AP might be detected by a station (STA) if the STA and the AP are on the same channel and in range.]

is not correct.  The question is not whether the APs operate in the same

channel as the reported AP, but whether the APs operate in the same

channel as the STA that "might detect" them, and are in range.  The

changes proposed lose what is intended by "might detect" here

CID 1178 in MAC-AL: I'm not persuaded this is correct, and I would like more time to consider

CID 1092 on Motion-EDITOR1-1C: "has the format illustrated Figure 9-7" should be "has the format illustrated in Figure 9-7"

CID 1369 in Motion ED2-258-04: CID 1132 says "is a measure" should be "is a measurement"

Re CID 1586 in Motion ED2-258-05, separate motion please if not already so.

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk