Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] 11me/D3.0 CID 4341 (what BA params can be modified)

To try to make progress, here are possible alternative resolutions:

In 9.6.4.1 delete “(#3172)When Block Ack operation is modified, only the timeout can be changed.”

In 10.25.2 and 11.5.1 make “All parameters of an agreement may be modified except for the TID.” into a separate para and then append:

Alternative 1:

When an agreement is modified, at the originator any frames in the transmit buffer are discarded (even if they have not been acknowledged), and at the receiver:

·         the scoreboard is cleared

·         the reordering buffer is flushed

·         the replay counter, if any, is not modified

·         the inactivity timeout is restarted

NOTE 1—The originator might wait until any frames in the transmit buffer have been acknowledged before modifying the agreement, to avoid loss of data.

NOTE 2—Modification of a parameter can be requested by the originator, but for all but the starting sequence number the recipient might reject the request (by specifying the current value in the ADDBA Response frame), or modify differently.

NOTE 3—The effect of modification of any parameter other than the starting sequence number, buffer size and timeout is parameter-dependent.

Alternative 2:

When an agreement is modified, at the originator the transmit buffer is not modified except for possible discarding of frames that precede the new starting sequence number or are beyond the window, and at the receiver the scoreboard and reordering buffer are not modified except for possible flushing of frames that precede the new starting sequence number or are beyond the window and corresponding updating of the scoreboard; the inactivity timeout is also restarted at the receiver.

NOTE 1—The originator might choose a new starting sequence number that does not exceed the sequence number of any frame that has not been acknowledged, to avoid loss of data.  The originator and responder might choose a buffer size that does not leave frames beyond it, to avoid loss of data.

NOTE 2—Modification of a parameter can be requested by the originator, but for all but the starting sequence number the recipient might reject the request (by specifying the current value in the ADDBA Response frame), or modify differently.

NOTE 3—The effect of modification of any parameter other than the starting sequence number, buffer size and timeout is parameter-dependent.

[Alternative 3: pick one of alternatives 1 and 2 above, then make the change in 10.25.1 and just xref to there from 11.5.1, or vice-versa.]

NOTE 3 on modifying something other than SSN/buffer size and timeout is a bit

of a cop-out but I can't find anything better for now at least.

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk