Re: [STDS-802-11] IEEE 802.11 received conditional approval to move 802.11ac to sponsor ballot and form a new study group titled High Efficiency WLAN (HEW)

Dear All,

I too am addressing this subject as my personal views and not necessarily my companies.

As an original supporter of this work and the Vice Chair of the Working Group for 8 years, I am having some major concerns over what was originally presented to me as a study group/task group that would address Operator issues. I completely agree with Paul Lamber. The officer structure of the study group is more than the structure in the TGn and TGac task groups. This, along with the name of the group, is sending a message to me that this is not addressing operator needs but leads me to believe that the intent is a major overhaul of this standard. If this is the intent and is not for the purpose of addressing operator issues, I do not support this work.

The PAR is to limit the scope of the work to a specific and finite issue that can be done in a timely manner. I can only hope that the study group will keep this in mind as they work forward.

Best regards,
Harry Worstell