From: "Hamilton, Mark" <Mark.Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 20 April 2013 17:32
To: STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11] CID 1109 from 11mc LB193

Henry,

That sort of logic was our conclusion in Orlando discussions as well.  However, note the unsolicited retry (non GCR-SP mode) uses the same sequence number as was used for the original transmission (despite the MSDU having been reframed into a different MPDU).  So, we definitely have "special rules" at play.  The question to the GCR experts is whether this was intended to extend to the PN.

My personal opinion is that it can/should not cover the PN.  The sequence number 'intentional replay' provides enough information to GCR-aware receivers to correctly understand the frames being sent, and to not confuse non-GCR-aware STAs.  There is no reason to apply special rules to the PN, which would require 'pushing higher up the stack' special-case GCR-awareness.

Mark