Re: [STDS-802-11] document 11-14/1104r1 for TGmc

Hi Dan,
   As doc 11-14/1104r1 has a lot of CIDs, it took a bit of reading to find where your concern area was in the document.  (for those reading along it is I believe CID 3432, 3426, 3427, 3429).

I am confused in reading 11-14/1104r1 on these CIDs because it does not seem consistent in the naming.
Is it supposed to be SHA1 or SHA-1 for example (as you note).

So to help those of us that do not work with the security protocols daily, what is the appropriate names...can we safely say that it is supposed to be SHA1, SHA256, SHA128.
Given the nominal names then I understand from your suggestion that the "-xxx" is then the amount to truncate to. (without the word truncate to prefix the name).

The other parts that are noted as needing to be change you do not comment on.
Do we need to say "delete securely" in all cases or is "delete" sufficient.
does "destroy" imply "delete securely" and thus it is a valid term to use, and should be used when ever we mean "delete securely"
Thanks,
Jon

Jon Rosdahl                    Senior Standards Architect
hm:801-756-1496             CSR Technologies Inc.
cell:801-376-6435            10871 North 5750 West
office: 801-492-4023         Highland, UT 84003

A Job is only necessary to eat!
A Family is necessary to be happy!!