[STDS-802-11] Coexistence SC draft agenda is available for Chicago

G’day all

The draft agenda for the Coex SC meeting in Chicago is now available – see 11-18-0285-00. At this point, the draft agenda is relatively thin in detail because I have not received any formal submissions yet.

The main activity in Chicago will be to review any submissions from the 802.11 community to the upcoming ETSI BRAN meeting on 26-29 March 2018 in Sophia Antipolis. It is also possible, if appropriate, for such submissions to be endorsed by the IEEE 802.11 WG or sent as a Liaison Statement from IEEE 802.11 WG to ETSI BRAN. If anyone wants to propose these actions, please ping me ASAP so that we can pre-prepare the appropriate materials.

I am expecting submissions relevant to the ETSI BRAN meeting on a variety of topics:

·        There is likely to a submission that formalises the proposal for a revision to the adaptivity clause in EN 301 893, based on the proposal in BRAN(17)096008r2. This is probably the most important topic in ETSI BRAN because this proposal will remove the restrictions in the current EN 301 893 that result in 802.11ax having less performance than 802.11ac

o   Note that BRAN(17)096008r2 is embedded in 11-17-1891-06

·        I understand from comments made in Irvine that there may be another submission in relation to the paused COT issue

o   See 11-17-1577-00 for details

·        There is currently a fascinating/heated discussion about blocking energy (aka reservation signals) going on right now in ETSI BRAN. I will provide a summary and document any conclusions of this discussion. There may be a follow up submission to ETSI BRAN for review

o   The discussion is a follow-on from BRAN(17)09009r2, which is also embedded in 11-17-1891-06,

o   Also see 11-17-1393r1 and 11-17-1759 for further background

I am also hoping for additional presentations on other coexistence topics

·        A follow–up on what happened to the WFA LS we considered in Irvine

o   See 11-17-1853-00 for the LS

·        An update on 3GPP NR-U activities in the context of coexistence with Wi-Fi

o   See 11-18-0257-00 for Irvine preso

·        An update on the proposal for a new 802.11 access method

o   See 11-17-1428-04 for material mentioned in Irvine

o   Note: I have not yet distributed the material on this topic as promised during the last meeting in Irvine

If anyone has any additional topics please notify me as soon as possible. The Chicago meeting is not very far away

Andrew Myles

Chair, IEEE 802.11 Coexistence SC

http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo05.jpg

Andrew Myles