[STDS-802-11]

   Hi Chris,

  Thanks for facilitating discussion. I have a conflict with PM1 today so I may not be able to be in the room
when TGaz discusses this but I will make an effort to attend AM1 and PM2 tomorrow.

With respect to the two issues raised in your presentation:

    1. Should the execution of an 802.11 protocol be contingent on willingness of users to surrender their privacy?
    2. Can a device declaring support of a feature refuse to execute the mandatory part of the feature solely because
         its communication peer doesn’t activate an optional part of the feature?

I think we already have existence of an 802.11 protocol that answers yes to both of those: authentication. In
order to authenticate yourself you must give up your identity and the privacy implications of giving up your identity
are considerable. And yes, an AP can have policy that says "if you don't surrender your identity to me then you don't
get access to the network."

  So I don't see the desire for reciprocity in location information being debated in TGaz as breaking new ground on
that front.

  regards,

  Dan.