Re: [STDS-802-11] FCC 5.9 GHz NPRM: updated comments

Hi all, some additional thoughts that may be helpful.

Synchronous channel access of 3GPP depends (AFIK) on a coordinated access schedule followed by all participants. In cellular licensed bands this is provided as each operator has a dedicated frequency allocation.  If there is a situation in which multiple network operators use the same spectrum, such scheduled access schemes become far less reliable.  The distributed access methods in 802.11 are proven to work fairly well in shared spectrum (when collisions occur).  I am not sure, but I think as I read the NPRM, multiple operators will use the same 30 MHz.  This is another reason to expect 802 protocols to work better for the application, maybe?

Just a thought to ponder...