[STDS-802-11] Changes to indicate support for protected BA

Hi All,

This relates to the topic of signaling support for protected BA agreement.

We have found that there exist devices in the field that can incorrectly indicate support for protected BA, by setting the PBAC bit (and related bits) if the peer STA sets them. This was discovered during some tests where the peer device was configured to indicate support for protected BA (along with other features).

This issue will lead to inter-op problems when future 802.11 devices genuinely support protected BA feature. In order to address this issue, we will be proposing changes (in REVme) to the way a PBAC STA indicates support. Based on discussions with several members, we are not aware of any existing implementations of protected BA and hence we don’t expect any impact to existing devices with the proposed signaling change.

This email is to help confirm our understanding.

Could you please reach out to me (directly) if you are aware of an existing implementations of protected BA?

Regards,

Abhi