Re: [STDS-802-11] IEEE 802 JTC1 SC Closing report contains a proposed LS related to Deterministic Wireless Industrial Network

Resend

From: Andrew Myles (amyles)
Sent: Monday, 24 January 2022 2:10 PM
To: 802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Stanley, Dorothy <dorothy.stanley@xxxxxxx>; Stephen McCann <mccann.stephen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IEEE 802 JTC1 SC Closing report contains a proposed LS related to Deterministic Wireless Industrial Network

G’day all,

The IEEE 802 JTC1 SC closing report is available at 11-22-0178-00.

I am making the IEEE 802.11 WG aware of this directly because it includes a motion to recommend to the IEEE 80 2EC the approval of a LS from IEEE 802 to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6/WG1 in relation to a PWI on Deterministic Wireless Industrial Network that will discussed at the upcoming WG1 interim meeting. The key request in the proposed LS (see 11-22-0081-06) is to invite WG1 to assist the refinement of 802.1/3/11 to satisfy deterministic use cases, rather than specifying yet another network in WG1 specifically for this use case.

It is important that this LS is approved on Tuesday so that we then get it in front of the IEEE 802 EC in time to meet the WG1 submission deadlines.

Andrew Myles