Re: [STDS-802-11] REVme CID

Hello everyone,

During motions in REVme today, the resolution to approve the resolution to CID 2346 (see below) failed. The CID requests a definition for MC-OOK to be removed.

I think it would be good to get feedback from those who participated in 11ba so that any changes made are aligned with the text rolled in from P802.11ba-2021.

This CID has been assigned to Joseph Levy. Please provide feedback on this thread so that we can reach consensus on a resolution.

Thanks,

Mike

REVme CC36 Comments
2346 256.00 3.4 J MC-OOK is a strange definition.  Is MC-OOK symbol different than regular OOK symbols, particularly the definition of MC-OOK OFF symbol sounds rather strange. please clarify how MC-OOK is different than regular OOK, and is the spec mandating this OOK symbol must be generated by Multiple Carrier? If not, consider removing this definition. REJECTED (GEN: 2022-04-27 21:11:08Z) MC-OOK was added by 11ba and indicates the symbols used by 11ba.  The definition is for a multicarrier on-off keying (MC-OOK) symbol.  There is no use of just "OOK", only this definition and usage.