RE: stds-802-16-mobile: Handoff/Sleep-mode Ad Hoc working document

Dear Changhoi and all,
The items you are mentioning regarding the sleep mode
additions were briefly discussed through this reflector.
I have stated my opinion that I think that using sleep mode
for traffic control is a little problematic and shouldn't be
done as suggested in contribution IEEE802.16e-03/31.
Vladimir agreed with this view.
And, of course, your opinion was stated by the contribution
itself.
There was no other opinion regarding this issue, and
currently it seems that two members are against the changes
and one member supports the changes. Since this makes the
situation not very clear, I did not include those specific
sleep mode enhancements to the working draft of the ad hoc.

There are two ways to proceed:
1. Have more members to state their opinion on this issue,
and by that knowing the general feeling of the ad hoc group,
giving a good estimation on possible decision on this issue
at the meeting.
2. Leave this issue open and try to resolve it on the meeting
itself (which is less preferred).

Regards,
Itzik.

update
> r2 version.
> Because I think that the contribution IEEE802.16e-03/31
related
> into Sleep mode enhancement has not been enough reviewed on
the
> e-mail discussion.
> So, If you have not any plan to update r2 version, I am
going to
> prepare some contributions based on r2 version for this
meeting.
> Because there are some separated items in 03/31
contrbution.
> However there are some kind of miscellaneous items in 03/31
such
> 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 of the contribution with minor
> additional comments and impacts on the 03/07r2 version
which has
> been recently uploaded by you, and I would like to discuss
these
> miscellaneous items on on-line and make a conclusion before
this
> upcoming meeting. (However, some major issues should be
discussed
> again I believe)
> So, Would you let me know your view and plan on these
approaches
> Thanks
> Changhoi Koo

prior
> > to the meeting.
> >
> > Itzik

Hoc
> > meeting
> > >before reporting to the WG? At such meeting the document
> > would be finally
> > >approved.
> > >Vladimir

scheduled