RE: stds-802-16-mobile: Handoff/Sleep-mode Ad Hoc working document

Dear Vladimir,

My position is that make-before-break should be defined and
considered (and I intend to propose text for that).
The differentiation between make-before-break and break-
before-make, can be viewed from several aspects, for example:
1. All L1 and L2 procedures required to perform the HO
2. Session continuation, which might be out of the scope of
our work, but maybe a reference of how L2 and L1 are used
(notifications) to provide L3 information for ensuring
efficient transition.
3. Protocol requirements (here you can see a difference
between real-time data and bursty oriented data) and how the
type of HO effects/relates-to those requirements.

I think that we have to fill the 1.3.1.2.4 "HO completion"
section, in the make-before-break, an example of required
definition is HO transaction completion signaling, for
transferring session context to the target BS. Any text
about "post HO" operation which are required for completion
of the HO procedure (and provide hooks for L3 HO protocol),
is welcome, regardless of the HO type.

Itzik.

Behalf Of
> Vladimir Yanover
> Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 12:29
> To: stds-802-16-mobile@ieee.org
> Subject: RE: stds-802-16-mobile: Handoff/Sleep-mode Ad Hoc
working
> document
>

> Hello,
>
> A question on 1.3.1.2.4 "HO completion": Post HO operations
> It is mentioned that Post-HO operations are mostly
applicable
> if make-before-break HO is supported.
> The question is whether we expect that a definition of
> make-before-break HO
> will be provided. Meanwhile there are no such definition.
May be,
> the reason
> is that differentiation between make-before-break and break-
before-make is
> not applicable
> to data communication at the same extent as to GSM/3G voice
channels?
> So I ask whether there are Post-HO issues not specific for
> make-before-break?
> It would be useful to see what is the position of Ad-Hoc
group.

> Vladimir

working document

> Hello All,
> I have uploaded a revision of the Handoff and sleep mode
working document.
> <http://download.mobile.wirelessman.org/C80216e-03_NNr1.pdf>
> This is the latest version of the Tge document (only with
handoff
> and sleep
> mode relevant text) with modification I made following the
> discussion in the
> group.
>
> There are plenty of open items, just follow the red text or
TBDs, Plus the
> contributions which we did not finished discussing.
>
> I quite disappointed from the participation level in this
group, since it
> seems that only four active members are doing an active
discussion.

> The deadline for Tge comments is 14 of July. In order to
have a decent
> document until this deadline, people should actually start
doing active
> work, and not just passive reading.
>
> I'm especially waiting for contributions regarding the
empty
> sections which
> can be found inside the current tge draft (and in the
working document).

> Please, any of you who are willing to put the effort,
please submit
> comments/contributions ASAP.
>
> Regards,
> Itzik.

Behalf Of Itzik
> > Kitroser
> > Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 11:28
> > To: stds-802-16-mobile@ieee.org
> > Subject: stds-802-16-mobile: Handoff/Sleep-mode Ad Hoc
working document

> > Hello All,
> >
> > I have uploaded a working document for the Handoff and
> sleep-mode ad hoc.
> > The document can be found at:
> > <http://download.mobile.wirelessman.org/C802.16e-
03_NN.doc>

> > Anyone which is interested in the handoff and/or sleep-
mode issues is

****
> ********
> This footnote confirms that this email message has been
scanned by
> PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code,
vandals & computer

****

****

****