stds-802-16-mobile: Handoff Ad Hoc group

Itzik,

Just wanted to drop a note and let the Handoff Ad Hoc group know that I am--taking into consideration Vladimir and your comments from Session 27 in Denver--re-working my contribution number 54 into r4 of the current 16e document.  I hope to have my submittal ready for the reflector by the end of this week for peer review.

Based on comments at Session 27, I plan two changes to my contribution 54 proposal.  First, For those who wish to use Association as a mechanism to set initial power settings for 6.2.9.5 Ranging instead of using the refined method based on received signal characteristics interpreted during dowlink/uplink synchronization as presented in the current iteration of the 16d document, I plan to continue to include Association, but as an optional, passive activity with application to 6.2.9.5.  I will provide appropriate language.  I had previously espoused removal of Association in its entirety.   Second, I will clean-up my sleep-mode changes to work with contributed changes as of Session 27.  Itzik, could you make a stab at providing my corrected formula and send it to me for inclusion?  I will also clean-up my hand-over flow diagrams to reflect these changes, including your comments regarding other-Target BS notifications.

Thanks,
Phillip Barber