From: Cosimo Palazzo [mailto:cosimo.palazzo@unile.it]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 3:20 AM
To: stds-802-16-mobile@ieee.org
Subject: stds-802-16-mobile: Channel Model

Dear members,
I'm an undergraduate student of the University of Lecce (Italy): I'm doing a research about the TCP performance in the wireless environment.
I'm studying a network composed by more wireless networks (little range networks like 802.11e, and big range networks like 802.16e) that are connected together.
In this moment I'm trying a channel model for each wireless section of my scenario of study. My goal is to formulate a Markovian channel model (or similar) to simulate the activity of 802.16e in urban environment (an example of a simple channel model-based on Gilbert-Elliot model is at http://cwc.ucsd.edu/~rao/pubs/1995_icupc_p211-5.pdf); the BS is fixed but the SSs are mobile (vehicular velocity, 20-80 Km/h).
I've red some document about 802.16e project (http://wirelessman.org/tge/index.html) and about 802.20 project (http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/20/Contributions.html) in which I've found some information for my research (Vehicular models), but I'm trying an "high level" channel model (e.g. the Gilbert-Elliot model) that respects the features of the studied "low level" channel models.
Could you tell me where I may find some information (papers, experimental data, etc) about my research?
Could you tell me other researchers ("channel modelers") of 802.16e project that help me or that work (or worked) for this project to estimate the 802.16e performance?
Thanks in advance.
Cosimo Palazzo (Università degli Studi di Lecce - Italy)