RE: stds-802-16-mobile: Global Service Flows Ad Hoc Group

Phil and All,
This is about the contribution C80216e-03_64.
Table "Global Service Flow Definition Parameters" seems useful and comprehensive.

I believe we need more consistent [behavioral] definition of QoS parameters.
There are simple questions that must be answered. Suppose, a connections is claimed
[configured] for minimum reserved data rate 1 Mbps, but demand never reaches this value.
Is QoS contract followed or not? So, what is the meaning of this number 1 Mbps?
There are more questions of this type and I tried to answer in C80216e-03_58

I am not sure we need in 802.16e table "Global Service Flow Definition Parameters"
because 1) operator(s) may want to have QoS contracts with different combinations
of different parameters 2) they often add requirements of priorities in servicing
different types of traffic without specifying reserved rate 3) They add certain measure
for service availability similar to blocking rate in telephony

Concerning range of values, probably, standard for mobile systems with typical channel width up to 7 MHz is not a proper place for class of service specification with data rate 1056964608 bits per sec ( > 1 Gbps).

Marking specifications with a string of certain format is a good idea and we may think
on replacing the table C14 with certain syntax rule for creation of service class names.
Then it might be recommended e.g. to global handover group.

Vladimir