From: Itzik Kitroser [mailto:itzikk@runcom.co.il]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 9:52 PM
To: chkoo@samsung.com; stds-802-16-mobile@ieee.org
Subject: RE: stds-802-16-mobile: Sleep window parameters in Table 275a

Dear Changhoi and all,

I would like to emphasis one point, which seems to be missed.
The listening interval, as currently defined, especially
following the last session, after a discussion and agreement
by the people participated at that discussion, is only
related to the BS's capabilities to be able to send TRF-IND
message in a timely manner.
It does not related, by any means, to the time that the MSS
spends to re-synchronize with the BS after awakening from a
sleep-mode.
If you try to think about this from the aspect of problem
complexity, real implementation, and have a practical
solution, then, at least for me, it is much straight forward
that each MSS, which has its own implementation constraints,
will compensate its own time, arriving awake and ready to
receive TRF-IND message on the end of its sleep window.
Having this value to be encapsulated within the listening
interval just adds complexity and/or delay.
In addition, I don't understand the context of a Mobile with
fixed power and a listening interval. My believe is that such
mobile will not go to sleep, and may spend it's idle time
doing some productive tasks, like scanning for neighbors.

Regards,
Itzik.