stds-802-16-mobile: Channel Model

Dear members,

I'm an undergraduate student of the University of Lecce (Italy): I'm doing a research about the TCP performance in the wireless environment.

I'm studying a network composed by more wireless networks (little range networks like 802.11e, and big range networks like 802.16e) that are connected together.

In this moment I'm trying a channel model for each wireless section of my scenario of study. My goal is to formulate a Markovian channel model (or similar) to simulate the activity of 802.16e in urban environment; the BS is fixed but the SSs are mobile (vehicular velocity, 20-80 Km/h).

In this moment I'm making a Matlab implementation of the physical layer for 802.16e. My problem is the choice of the equalizer block at the receiver: could you tell me some information about the state-of-art of this choice? Which equalizer will be proposed for 802.16e draft?
Could you tell me where I can find Matlab sources (or similar) for this equalizer?

Thanks in advance.

Cosimo Palazzo (Università degli Studi di Lecce - Italy)