[STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Things to clarify and suggestions.

Dear all

Regarding the base documents, I have suggestions and things to clarify.

I think AAS HO should be considered in 802.16e. Thus, I have added one more scenario and assumption on the list (marked in red).

I have suggested 5 possible handover scenarios with IP change consideration. I want to hear your opinion on this.

(I have uploaded "C802.16e-04_105_0601" on the FTP server http://upload.wirelessman.org in handoff ad hoc directory)

I have several things to clarify.

1. Does minimal assumption 1 and 2 "HO occurs between single sector BTS and Each sector is at a different frequency" mean that one BS only can have one sector?

   If so, this doesn't comply with the Assumption of Intra BTS HO with multiple sectors on the table. This assumption seems to me that either one BTS has more than one sector or more than one FA.

2. Does minimal assumption 3 "FA is unknown" mean that we will only consider 1 FA case or we have to consider all possible cases?

3. Please someone clarify what are the differences between Basic and Advanced?

4. Which case does Scenario name "Basic-Same-freq" and assumption "HO between sectors at the same frequency" represent?

   It seems to me this doesn't comply with the minimal assumption 2 "Each sector is at a different frequency".

5. Can basic/Advanced-MIMO be discussed without a consideration of different technologies?

6. If two base stations use different frequencies, how soft handover is possible?

7. Is MBS issue out of scope of handoff Ad hoc, even though MBS is related to the handoff?

I think we need to unify the terminology on the base document, e.g. use BS instead of BTS.

Regards,

Ronny(Yong-Ho) Kim

LG Electronics