Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Is Backbone Message to be discussed in either Handover Adhoc or NETMAN?

Yes, I agree and expect that we work this in the handoff adhoc group as well. NETMAN has been chartered appropriately with a focused scope on MIBs and management plane MAC message primitives. Clearly, we cannot wait for a future PAR to handle handoff related work. Handoff support for a simplified abstraction of an 802.16 RAN would include data that could be transferred to support efficient handovers as well as message primitives to carry such information. However, I expect that the transport protocol(s) for such messages over heterogeneous backhaul links would be out of scope. We may (for performance reasons) want to recommend link performance expectations as informative material. I also expect that would not be able / want to literally mandate every message primitive we come up with as optimizations would be possible based on base station configurations.

Regards.

-Prakash

From: owner-stds-802-16-mobile@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-16-mobile@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Yigal Leiba
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 12:15 AM
To: STDS-802-16-MOBILE@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Is Backbone Message to be discussed in either Handover Adhoc or NETMAN?

Hi All,

I fully agree with Yong Chang.

Regards,

Yigal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-stds-802-16-mobile@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-16-mobile@listserv.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Yong Chang
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 7:49 AM
To: STDS-802-16-MOBILE@listserv.ieee.org

Prakash and All,

As you knew, all contributions related to backbone messages were remanded to NETMAN at the last meeting.

However, NETMAN SG may be re-established as 802.16g with its timeline 2006/2007.

If then, the current HO procedure with the aid of backbone messages may be de-facto standard till NETMAN's time schedule.

Accordingly, I think that Handover AdHoc Group will discuss the backbone messages together for advanced handover procedure.

Thanks,

Yong Chang/Ph.D

Samsung Electronics.