Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Things to clarify and suggestions.

Dear HO ad hoc group:

Yes, there could be lots of misunderstandings and lacks of understanding
what we defined terminology and the taxonomy of HO that we will treat in
this month. I hope this email may clarify all even though it¡¯s almost
impossible.

In this email, I would answer Ronny¡¯s questions one by one based upon my
understandings.

Q1. The base assumption of a single BTS is that a BTS covers only one
sector and each sector may have a different frequency.
Obviously, the table shows a different story on it. It is due to that the
base assumption is too specific to cover all network deployment scenarios.
Hence, although we take the base assumption, we might need more complex
network architecture, which reduces the HO delays if appropriately
designed. In this case, you might regard the base assumption as an
extension to multi-sectored BTS.

Q2. Just the BTS don¡¯t know which FA the neighboring BTS have.

Q3. ¡±Basic ¡° scenarios cover up to level 2 backbone communications, while
¡°advanced¡± supports up to level 3 communications.

Q4. Again, the same principle. The taxonomy provides the extended scope of
the HO scenarios. This means some network may be deployed with frequency
reuse 1.

Q5. I think this part needs further discussion within the ad hoc group,
too.

Q6. Again, the same principle. This takes place only when the frequency
reuse is 1.

Q7. MBS doesn¡¯t have any issues related to HO. Check again, please.

I hope this helps the folks of the HO ad hoc group.

Best regards,

Jung-Won Kim.

Jung-Won Kim, Ph.D.

Senior Engineer