Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Phil Barber action item from HO Ad-hoc conference call on 6/2/04

Dear Phil and all

I have a suggestion for your action item.

Because 802.16 base station may have more than one ARID, one BS broadcasts one ID is not correct (restricting dynamic configuration of network is not correct in 802.16e system), and advertising ARID through NBR-ADV seems overkill also.

It can be delivered through Backbone message(HO-confirm) from the old BS to the new BS, only when an MSS performs handover.

Then the new BS compares the delivered ID and its own, and indicates in REG-RSP TLV with one bit, to the MSS whether it should re-establish IP connection.

In conclusion, ARID (whatever ID is) is not necessarily advertised to MSSs.

This is my deferred contribution from Session #31 Shenzen. C80216e-04_90r1.

I am making a revision to use Network Prefix ID instead of using IP related information in C80216e-04_90r1, and I will upload this revised document on the ftp server (http://upload.wirelessman.org) by Monday.

Best Regards,

Ronny Kim