[STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Revised action list for Phil Barber

Forwarding on behalf of Phil Barber ...

From: Phillip Barber [mailto:pbarber@broadbandmobiletech.com]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 6:50 AM
To: Iyer, Prakash
Subject: Revised action list for Phil Barber

This is my revised list.  Please discuss today in the conference call as I will be unavailable due to travel.  Also, I have received only the two comments on-list regarding my posted questions.  I am looking for more input.

Phil Barber HO Ad-Hoc Action Items

  1. Clean-up language in RNG-REQ/RSP and HO Process in ‘e’ doc to show:
    1. non-contention based ranging is same as ‘invited’ ranging in ‘d’ doc except uses MAC Address instead of Basic CID in RNG-REQ
    2. non-contention based ranging only requires single RNG-REQ/RSP loop to establish Basic & Primary CID and coarse PHY link conditions
    3. additional, MSS initiated ranging loops may be required on MSS failure to decode Basic & Primary CID and set working coarse PHY
  2. Clean-up language in HO Process and add RNG-RSP tickler in ‘e’ doc to show:
    1. SBC-REQ/RSP may, under most conditions, be skipped during HO (as when capabilities of Target BS do not differ from Serving BS)
    2. add tickler TLV item to RNG-RSP as shorthand mechanism for BS to notify MSS that capabilities negotiation process can be omitted during the current HO attempt
  3. Clean-up language in HO Process and add RNG-RSP tickler in ‘e’ doc to show:
    1. PKM-REQ/RSP may, under some conditions, be skipped during HO (as in pre-keying authentication)
    2. add tickler TLV item to RNG-RSP as shorthand mechanism for BS to notify MSS that key authentication process during HO can be omitted during the current HO attempt
  4. Clean-up language in HO Process and add RNG-RSP tickler in ‘e’ doc to show:
    1. REG-REQ/RSP may, under some conditions, be skipped during HO (as in intra-BS/inter-sector BS HO; when context is persistent from Serving BS to Target BS)
    2. add tickler TLV item to RNG-RSP as shorthand mechanism for BS to notify MSS that REG-REQ/RSP process during HO can be omitted during the current HO attempt
  5. Clean-up language in HO Process and add RNG-RSP tickler in ‘e’ doc to show:
    1. Network Address acquisition may, under some conditions, be skipped during HO (as in HO where Serving BS and Target BS have a common ARID)
    2. add tickler TLV item to RNG-RSP as shorthand mechanism for BS to notify MSS that Network Address acquisition process during HO can be omitted during the current HO attempt
  6. Add ‘MSS Context Manager ID’, that would be a TLV item in the RNG-RSP MAC management message identifying MSS context management between multiple sectors/shared context management systems
  7. Add ‘ARID’ into NBR-ADV, that would identify Access Router ID for a given network attachment through a given BS
  8. Fix HO messaging mechanics to separate information discovery sharing activities used to formulate HO decision from actual HO decision MAC management messages.  Currently, information sharing and decision notification are muddled/merged.

Thanks,
Phil