From: owner-stds-802-16-mobile@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
[mailto:owner-stds-802-16-mobile@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of
Vladimir Yanover
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 8:11 PM
To: STDS-802-16-MOBILE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Phil Barber action item from
H O Ad-hoc conference call on 6/2/04

All

I also am confused. I don't know what is "sharing of [any]
MAC resources between BSs". In the standard it is not defined.
Main MAC resource is air time [per frequency, per subchannel];
how can it be shared between two BSs?

One BS runs exactly one instance of MAC with all associated
resources and there is no provisioning for sharing of resources.
Particularly, sharing of CID space is out of scope of the standard.
If two BSs [e.g. two line cards in same box] decide to use
two different non-overlapping sets of CIDs, it probably will
work ... so what?
Vladimir