        From: owner-stds-802-16-mobile@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG on behalf of Mary Chion
        Sent: Mon 6/7/2004 11:04 PM
        To: STDS-802-16-MOBILE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
        Subject: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Multiple frequency assignment for the same sector (BS)

        All,

        This is a recap of the discussion for the multiple frequency assignement of the same sector. There are two options to handle this configuration:

        Option 1:
        Change the definition of a sector to allow multiple frequency assignments. This implies to change DCD message to include multiple FA_IDs and allow a handover type of intra-sector inter-frequency handoff.

        Option 2:
        The sector definition remains the same: a sector of single frequency assignment. The DCD message remains to include one FA_ID. For multiple frequency assignement for the same sector, each frequency channel will be the treated as a sector, hence, the identity of a sector should be defined as: BS ID, sector ID and FA_ID. The handover between frequencies can be treated the same as inter-sector inter-frequency handoff.

        Please provide your comments and hopefully, we can agree on one option.

        Mary Chion