Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] Length of RS-CC code blocks

Patrick

In OFDM mode, the span of the FEC and interleaver are as follows:

1. An interleaver block is the equivalent of an OFDM symbol.
2. The RS code, (which is applied only in the non-subchannelized case) spans
the equivalent of one OFDM symbol. Note that in subchannelized mode RS is
bypassed.
3. The CC code spans the entire burst. A zero tail byte is appended at the
end of the burst.

I have not verified the example provided, and I cannot address your remark
on the strange pad bits. However the parameters of the example  (8.3.3.5.3)
were chosen to demonstrate a specific anomaly in which the number of data
bits is not an integer number of bytes.
In a single subchannel, in QPSK 3/4, there are 18 data bits per symbol. The
10 data bytes and the 1 tail byte are equivalent to 88 bits of data which
are carried in ceil(88/18)=5 OFDM symbols. Thus 5*18-88=2  additional pad
bits are required. This is as described in (8.3.3.2.1 pp 433 line 55) " When
the total number of data bits in a burst is not an integer number of bytes,
zero pad bits are added after the zero tail bits".

Hope this helps

Tal