[STDS-802-16-MOBILE] =?euc-kr?B?UmU6W1NURFMtODAyLTE2LU1PQklMRV0gW1NURFMtODAyLTE2LU1PQklMRV1bSGFuZG9mZl0gYW4gTVNTJ3MgcGVyaW9kaWMgc2Nhbm5pbmc=?=

Dear. Freedman

Thanks for your comment.
Please, see my answers below in lines.

Best Regards
kihyoung
Kihyoung Cho
Research Engineer
Standards & System Research Group
Mobile Communication R&D Center, LG Electronics Inc.
Phone:+82-(0)31-450-2945
Mobile:+82-(0)11-738-3895
Fax:+82-(0)31-450-7912
e-mail: kihyoung@lge.com

Dear Kihyoung
There  are some things I don't understand inn the document:
1. Does the initial request for scanning comes form the BS or the MSS?  Actually it should come from both.
Of course the request for scanning can come from both BS and MSS.
As is specified in the current spec, the request for scanning can be initiated by the BS in unsolicited manner. Even though the contribution does not contain the example of scanning which is initiated by BS, the proposed method for periodic scanning can come from both BS and MSS.
2. it seems to me that in the 802.16 framework, it is more natural to leave the BS with the responsibility to allocate time for the scanning. So all the parameters in red should be left out of the MOB-SCN-REQ from the MSS and left to the RSP message from the BS.
I agree with you in that the BS is responsible for allocating the time related to scanning, but I think that the value can be negotiated. Those proposed parameters in the MOB-SCN-REQ are the requested value by MSS, the final values will be allocated by the BS as other parameters in the MOB-SCN-REQ message.
3. I miss the report of the scanning results, namely the measurement results. It is important, IMHO that in addition to the CINR values, the MSS should report also the absolute RSS (received signal strength) values in dBm, which are measured anyway. They provide more information to the BS and may be more reliable than the CINR.
If the result of the measurement should be reported to the BS, the other measurements are also possible criteria for the decision of handover, such as RSS, BER, and RTT. I think that, among those other measurements, the absolute RSS is the most efficient, because it can be measured faster(no decoding). In addition, the RSS is used in other standard. However, I'm doubt that the report of two measurements is necessary. I'm afraid that the report of CINR and RSS can give duplicate information to the BS, because, those two parameters are much corrleated. I think that the issue of the RSS should be discussed further to be reached in the consensus.