Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Harmonization of 04_105_Enhace d_HO_re-entry and 04/87r1

Title: RE: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Harmonization of 04_105_Enhaced_HO_re-entry and 04/87r1

Dear Itzik and All:

How are you?

Sorry about the late feedback about 87r2.

Well, I carefully checked out 87r2.

But we have the following problems if 87r2 is accepted.

1)      I dont agree with the phrase that the MSS and the target BS shall communicate using the mandatory feature until the SBC exchange completes. The BS already has the MSS original SBC profile. Hence, it is already possible for the BS to initiate communicating with the MSS using the best fit feature even before the SBC-RSP. In addition, just waiting to complete the rest of HO network re-entry message exchanges is, I guess, totally wasting the BW. In conclusion, I should say from BCL = 1 the BS should concatenate the SBC-RSP (as you propose) or just append SBC-RSPs TLV encoded information (as I propose).

2)      As I mentioned just above at the end of the last sentence, I dont mind concatenating the RSP messages and sending them to the MSS as you propose. But, (since I still prefer my option), as you know, the channel quality at the time of HO network re-entry is poor (maybe better than that to the serving BS). Hence, just concatenating them can waste a significant amount of BW.

3)      In Level 2 & 3, your explanation is not quite clear. I presume that your contribution proposes that the MSS has to send REG-REQ message after it successfully received the RNG-RSP message. In Level 2 & 3, the target BS already has all information to send REG-RSP message. But the only required information from the MSS is HMAC tuple to authenticate the MSS. Yet, upon calculation to exchange one pair of message, the delay takes at least 7 to 8 frames. Hence, I proposed the HMAC tuple is attached the RNG-RSP as TLV. Then, we can just either concatenate REG-RSP or append its TLV of REG-RSP at the end of RNG-RSP.

This is what I think.

Please let me know what you think.

And I really appreciate if anybody gives us any feedback on it.

Best regards,

Jung-Won Kim

Jung-Won Kim, Ph.D.

Senior Engineer