[STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] temporarily updated C80216e-04_209 and Question about conference call

Dear Phil, Prakash and all.

Sorry for late reply related with following action item.

* C80216e-04_209 The Improvement of Scanning Method Using Preambles in IEEE 802.16e

The motivation for this was not clear - more clarification was sought. However, the solution could apply to all PHY modes.  Also requested clarification on system assumptions; for example, do BS have to be transmit synchronized for this scheme to work?

Min-Sung to respond to these questions on the reflector.

I updated C80216e-04_209 to clarify the notion and uploaded the file “Enhancement of scanning_temporary.doc” in the temporary upload directory. (http://temp.wirelessman.org/)

This is not a revised contribution yet because we have just one chance to revise. ^^

I admit that this contribution is applicable to only synchronized BS transmission networks. However, I think all BS shall be synchronized by some methods such as GPS.

Anyway, I agree with that my contribution has assumption about synchronized BS transmission networks.

I have one question relating with this.

Can the unsynchronized BSs perform HO and scanning??

One more question to Phil and all;

I originally thought that this solution can apply to OFDMA because BSs use different preambles in OFDMA. However, there is no cellular structure in OFDM and SC, right?

I wonder how this solution can be applied to all PHY?

To Prakash,

Will the next conference call in 7/8 be held?

7/7 is deadline for revision. I wonder the necessity of conference call after deadline.

Can I know the specific agenda in 7/8 conf. call?

Any comment and answer is mostly welcomed.

Sincerely,

Min Sung, Kim / KT

Service Development Laboratory

Wireless Portable Internet Team