[STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [HARMONIZATION] PHY Profile ID

Title: Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle

Dear All:

How are you?

Finally, the PHY Profile ID contribution is now uploaded at the harmony upload server.

This contribution proposes the bit-by-bit definition of the reserved field “PHY Profile ID” in NBR-ADV message.

The definition is made only for OFDMA right now. So, if you are interested in the PHY Profile ID for SC, SCa, and OFDM, please suggest directly to me with some text.

The following description is only for OFDMA PHY Profile. But I think it will give you some idea of what the PHY Profile ID is.

The PHY Profile ID covers FFT Size (2 bits), Bandwidth (3 bits), and Channel Number (8 bits). And 3 bits are reserved for future use. Since the licensed band is not defined at this standardization process yet, the exact encoding of Channel Number cannot be given. But, after the band is determined, it can be surely determined.

As Prakash said in his last email, we will have some CC next week. So, please let me know what you think about my PHY Profile ID to expedite the harmonization process.

See you next week.

Best regards,

Jung-Won Kim

Jung-Won Kim, Ph.D.