Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Harmonization] MBS

Title: Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Harmonization] MBS

Hello Yong and all,

I like the MBS MAP IE concept, because we can get a more power saving effects in the MSS by using this concept.
Since the next MBS content transmission frame is predictable, the MSS can apply the various power saving means in normal mode and/or idle mode.

I would like to propose some minor changes in Multicast and Broadcast MAP IE (Table 256) in your contribution.
I think it is easy and clearer way to indicate the approprate frame number of the next Broadcast/Multicast frame than the current frame receiving this message and the frame offset value as in the case of the SLP-RSP message.

Therefore, I propose to change the offset field in the table by the followings:
    from:   Offset  // 8 bits,
                        // The next MBS transmission frame is calculated by adding the current frame number and offset value

    to:      Next_MBS_frame // 8 bits,
                                        // Lower 8 bits of the frame number in which the BS shall transmit the Next_MBS_Content.

Sincerely,

Chulsik Yoon
Senior Engineer, ETRI