Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Harmonization] contributions uploaded

Title: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Harmonization] contributions uploaded

Mo Han,

We like the ideas and the direction you take in the sleep mode contributions and we think that the Sleep feature should be enhanced.

With regards to the “short data bust support in sleep mode” contribution:

  1. I don’t see why SLPID should be included in the BW-SDB-REQ message –the BS can know that the MSS that has transmitted this BW allocation wants to remain a sleep based on the BW REQ type and the CID requested.
  2. The BW-REQ type can be more structural:  first bit - accumulative/selective request, second bit – MSS would like to be in sleep/awake mode.
  3. I suggest to extend your solution to have UGS, RTP, and nRTP services supported as well:
    1. For RTP, nRTP the requirements will be to have the polling grant allocated also during sleep mode for the sleep mode MSS and to use the same method described in your contribution for BE w/o the CDMA contention phase.
    2. For UGS the requirements will be to have UGS grant allocated also during sleep mode of the MSS, and not to consider UGS data transition as an “exit sleep mode” indication.
  4. In addition to the above, you can ease the scheduling decision of the MSS from being only in the listening interval to be also in the sleep interval by adding offset IE (similar to the suggestion in the MBS –MBS-MSP-IE) pointing to the frame number in the future in which the SDB will be transmitted in.

Regards

- Yigal

Yigal Eliaspur

Broadband Wireless Division