stds-802-16: 802 escrow account for standards distribution

Regarding this note posted to the 802.16 reflector:

>I also observe that the $250/300 fee proposed for Interim Mtg 13 is
>the same as for 802 Plenaries, whereas the Plenary includes the $75
>- 100 "levy" for the undefined slush fund now proposed to be used to
>fund "free" standards.

In general, I would encourage people to take advantage of available
research resources so as to be fully informed of issues that they
consider important. If you need help finding anything, feel free to
drop me a [personal] email.

In this case, the details of the standards distribution program are
on the web. The July 2000 802 ExCom minutes:

	http://ieee802.org/minutes/jul2000/min07132000web.pdf

show a specific standards distribution program proposal. The
following motion was passed:

>IEEE 802 endorses program "in principle" as described
>- IEEE 802 encourages investigation of other funding options
>IEEE 802 provide IEEE-SA seed funding as follows
>- $75/person seed for next three meetings starting in July 2000
>- Money paid to escrow account and refunded (except for up to $12.5K
>startup costs) if program does not achieve funding goals
>- IEEE 802 funding reviewed based on contributions
>IEEE 802 support the solicitation to 802 attendees
>- Providing email for solicitation
>- IEEE 802 SEC support through calls and solicitations

{The last part was for a sponsorship program that IEEE staff did not pursue.}

The subsequent minutes of each 802 Plenary Session include, in the
802 Treasurer's report, the full details of the escrow account. The
Treasurer presents a report at each 802 Opening Plenary, and the 802
books are audited.

Roger