stds-802-16: Session #13 registration fees

At our each of 802.16's hosted interim meetings, a volunteer member
has made the arrangements. Having organized a number of such sessions
myself, I know that they take a lot of personal time and energy. I am
personally grateful to our past hosts, and I can assure them that
nearly all of us are. I know that the time invested by the host (and
and expenses borne by a host company) make a big impact on the
session cost.

In accordance with an 802 ExCom decision last November, Session #13
will be organized and financially sponsored by IEEE 802. Session #13
is not supported by a volunteer sponsor (and is far too large and
complicated for one to handle). As a result, more costs will be
assumed by the attendees. For instance, 802 will contract meeting
planning, on-site registration, and on-site operations to Face To
Face Events, Inc., the firm that provides excellent service at each
802 Plenary.

The IEEE 802 Vice Chair, Paul Nikolich, has accepted responsibility
to organize this meeting. My understanding is that he is ultimately
responsible for the budget. He is striving to break even. [By the
way, no funds from this session will go towards "free standards".]

Paul will determine the registration fee and what is included in it.
This will not be up for discussion in 802.16. Please don't spam the
subscriber membership with complaints, because the reflector
subscribers are not in a position to address them.

If you are a Working Group Member and are unhappy with these plans,
then you may take advantage of your right, under the 802.16 rules,
"to lodge complaints about Working Group operation with the Executive
Committee." However, do not copy your complaints to the 802.16
reflector.

Please feel free to forward me, privately, any questions or concerns.

Roger