stds-802-16: P802.16.2 on RevCom Agenda

As noted below, approval of P802.16.2 is on the 13 June RevCom
agenda. The RevCom submission package is available IEEE 802.16-01/22
<http://ieee802.org/16/docs/01/80216-01_22.pdf>

What I believe will be the final recirculation/confirmation ballot
began today and will close on 13 May. I mentioned the details in my
email of 1 May.

At the Session #13 802.16 Opening Plenary, we will consider the
following motion: "To forward P802.16.2/D3-2001 to the 802 SEC for
approval of submission to RevCom." Once we pass that motion, I will
forward the request to the 802 SEC, along with the final Sponsor
Ballot vote summary. The 802 SEC will then have an opportunity to
consider the request in an email ballot.

I'd like to thank RevCom Chair Howard Frazier, who has been very
generous with his time and advice.

Regards,

Roger

-----------------------------------
Roger,

P802.16.2/D3 New: "Local and Metropolitan Area Networks - Recommended
Practice for Coexistence of Fixed Broadband Wireless Access Systems" will
be placed on the 13 June 2001 RevCom agenda.

The submittal will be reviewed by RevCom.  Preliminary comments will be
sent to you by the end of May/beginning of June.

Sincerely,

David L. Ringle
RevCom Administrator
IEEE Standards Activities Dept.

445 Hoes Lane                              PH: +1 732 562 3806
PO Box 1331                                FX: +1 732 562 1571
Piscataway, NJ  08855-1331                 d.ringle@ieee.org