stds-802-16: Published: P802.16a&b Ballot Schedule

Title: P802.16a&b Ballot Schedule
Document Number: IEEE 802.16-01/10

This is a schedule I constructed for the development and approval of
P802.16a&b. I took into account our meeting schedules and the IEEE-SA
deadlines, as well as related events like BRAN meetings. It wasn't
easy to make everything fit.

The goal is final approval by the IEEE-SA Standards Board on 12
September 2002. The timeline carries us through five drafts.

I allocated what I believe are realistic allowances for the various
tasks, which are specified in detail. In some cases, the schedule
will tolerate a bit of slop. In others, things are quite tight;
missing certain schedule dates could knock things off kilter and
delay approval until 11 December 2002.

The schedule does not distinguish between 802.16a and 802.16b. We
need to, very soon, address the issue of whether we will be balloting
a single draft or two separate drafts. More on that next week.

Note that this schedule forces us to hold Session #19 on 20-24 May
2002. We had not previously fixed these dates.

Cheers,

Roger