stds-802-16: IEEE Sponsor Ballot of P802.16/D5 declared passed and closed

Folks,

I have good news: the IEEE Sponsor Ballot of P802.16/D5 ("IEEE Draft
Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks -- Part 16: Air
Interface for Fixed Broadband Wireless Access Systems") is fully and
finally complete. The confirmation ballot concluded tonight with no
new votes or comments.

The approval ratio was 97%. For more details, see:
	http://ieee802.org/16/tg1/ballots/sponsorballot/result.html

I have submitted the RevCom application for approval of this draft:
	http://ieee802.org/16/docs/01/80216-01_54.pdf

Approval is on the RevCom agenda for 5 December. While snags are
possible, I fully expect the draft to be approved by the IEEE-SA
Standards Board on 6 December.

I have to tell you that I am overjoyed about this. It's been quite an
effort. When we wrote the PAR for this project in January 1999, we
said we'd turn in the final draft by the end of January 2001. We ran
nine months late but, considering the time we took in revising the
draft to meet the needs of TG3 and TG4, I think we did incredibly
well on our schedule. I am also extremely proud of the quality of the
work. We are publishing an superb piece of technology that, I
believe, will serve the world well for decades.

I want to thank the outstanding TG1 Editorial Team (Carl Eklund, Ken
Stanwood, Stanley Wang, Jay Klein, and Lars Lindh) for the hard work
to see this through Sponsor Ballot.

Cheers!

Roger