stds-802-16: IEEE 802.16 Working Group Confirmation Ballot #4b Announcement

Title: IEEE 802.16 Working Group Confirmation Ballot #4b Announcement
Document Number: IEEE 802.16-02/20

This document announces IEEE 802.16 Working Group Confirmation Ballot
#4b. It also tells you how to participate, and it details the
procedures. The deadline is 4 April 2002.

The document under review is the comment Resolution database:
	http://ieee802.org/16/docs/02/80216-02_01r13.zip
which now includes the editor's notes.

I want to personally call on you to approve this confirmation ballot.
When you consider your decision, please consider the impact on our
ballot schedule. Based on some recent changes, I have updated the
current schedule:
	http://ieee802.org/16/tga/schedule.html
showing a plan that still has a good chance to get our Sponsor Ballot
comment period closed before Session #19 so that we can resolve the
comments there. However, if we need yet another recirculation to wrap
up the WG Letter Ballot, we will be lucky to get the Sponsor Ballot
launched until just before Session #19. That means we will have no
comments to resolve (and therefore nothing for TGa to do) in Calgary.

Many of you have accepted the invitation to join the Sponsor Ballot
Group and will therefore be able to participate in it directly [the
deadline to respond to the invitation was last Friday, but IEEE has
not yet sent me the list]. If you are not in the Group, you can still
participate indirectly by submitting your comments through me (or
through another member of the Sponsor Ballot Group). As you know, it
is comments, not votes, that drive the development of the draft. Of
course, it is the Working Group (acting as the Ballot Resolution
Committee) that will resolve the Sponsor Ballot comments, so the
Working Group will retain a critical role during Sponsor Ballot.

Regardless of whether you see problems with the document, I hope you
will be willing to separate that issue from the question on which we
are voting: whether to accept the comment resolutions and forward
Draft 3 for Sponsor Ballot.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Roger