RE: stds-802-16: ***IEEE 802.16 Working Group Letter Ballot#5:Announcement

David,

At 10:00 PM +0100 02/04/16, David Trinkwon wrote:
>Thanks for the clarification, although I would personally have hoped that a
>Letter Ballot which could affect a member's status should only be initiated
>after discussion and approval by the WG at a duly constituted meeting - or
>at least approved on a contingency basis.

Under "Operation of the Working Group," the 802 Rules say:

"Voting by Letter Ballots: The decision to submit a draft standard or
a revised standard to the Sponsor Ballot Group must be ratified by a
letter ballot. Other matters may also be decided by a letter ballot
at the discretion
of the Working Group Chair."

I have used my discretion to have this "other matter" decided by a
letter ballot.

>Can you please specify which (or
>how many) "key members" of the WG you discussed this with. I thought that
>all members were equal (but some might be more equal than others ...)

Some members have special status. Brian Kiernan, who is the TGa
Chair, made the motion. Paul Struhsaker, the 802.16 Vice Chair,
seconded it. I consider both to be "key members."

>I would still prefer to amend the motion on the letter ballot as proposed
>(presumably as a friendly amendment) but I am willing to seek a seconder if
>necessary.
>I believe that we should NOT be pre-supposing (or pre-judging)
>the outcome of the meeting.

As I said earlier, the motion would permit the WG to "carry out
Working Group business".

Roger