From: Roger B. Marks [mailto:marks@boulder.nist.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 6:36 PM
To: stds-802-16@ieee.org
Subject: stds-802-16: 802 Rules Change ballots underway

The 802 SEC is in the process of balloting on three rules changes.
The voters are the SEC members, including me. The ballots all close
on 8 June. Comment resolution is scheduled for the July meeting.

Here are the three issues, briefly described, along with a link to
the email announcement of the ballot:

(1) move the SEC Closing Meeting to 1-6 pm on Fridays
Sure: http://ieee802.org/secmail/msg02043.html

(2) add a second SEC vice chair
Sure: http://ieee802.org/secmail/msg02095.html

(3) permit email voting in WG (other than Letter Ballots)
Sure: http://ieee802.org/secmail/msg02040.html

I have uploaded the text of the three changes to the WG upload directory.

I will be discussing these at the Opening Plenary at Session #19, and
I welcome your comments at the meeting or by email (preferably to the
reflector).

Roger