stds-802-16: details on Session #20

IEEE 802.16's Session #20 <http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg20> will
be held on July 8-12, 2002 at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver
<http://vancouver.hyatt.com>, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada,
along with the IEEE 802 Plenary Session.

The tentative session schedule is posted
<http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg20/agenda.html>. Note that,
following a decision of 24 May, the 802.16 Closing Plenary will be
held on Thursday evening. The only Working Group business on Friday
will be editorial. The 802.16 Opening Plenary will, as usual, begin
at 1 pm on Monday.

Though the agenda shows four 802 tutorial slots, none have yet been filled.

Pre-registration for the meeting, which results in a US$50 discount,
is now open.

Hotel reservations are always tight at these meetings. I suggest that
you reserve your room now. The deadline of May 31 is quite close, and
there is no guarantee that the rooms will last that long.

I am attaching logistical details below.

Roger

------------------------------------
IEEE 802:	Meeting Information Update Memo  -  2nd Announcement

DATE: 	Thursday, May 23, 2002
ATTN: 	All  IEEE 802 Attendees
SUBJ: IEEE 802 Plenary Meeting Hotel Reservations & Web Registration - Now
!!!

Important information for all potential 802 attendees:

a) Please note that our secure Web Registration Form is now available at:
http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/Pregform.html  so please do register NOW!!!

b) The Hyatt Regency Vancouver, will be the site for the July 2002
IEEE 802 Plenary Meeting as well as Working Groups 802.1, 802.11,
802.15, 802.16, 802.17, and 802.18. The IEEE 802 Opening Plenary will
begin Monday, July 8th at 11:00am and 802 Working Group Meetings will
begin at 1:00pm. Please note: Some of the 802 Working Groups have
scheduled meetings for Friday morning, July 12th. Please visit the
home web site for your Working Group for the detailed WG agenda. The
closing Executive Committee meeting is currently scheduled to be held
from 1pm to 6pm on Friday, July 12th.

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada  V6C 2R7
Reservation Phone:  (604) 683-1234    Toll Free:  (800) 233-1234
Reservation Fax:  (604) 689-3707
to make Web Reservations:  http://vancouver.hyatt.com/groupbooking/ieee

Info for visitors to Canada:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/view-e.asp?Grp=000100B1&act=1&tbID=1

The IEEE 802 Group rate is $265.00 (Canadian) for single or $280.00
(Canadian) for double/twin occupancy + tax per night. These rates are
available from July 1 through July 21, 2002, subject to room
availability. Please make your room reservations directly with the
hotel using the IEEE 802 Hotel Reservation Form (page 3 of the
Meeting Info PDF), the web, or by phone. When making reservations by
phone, please be sure to identify yourself as a member of the IEEE
802 Group to qualify for these special group rates. For this meeting
we have arranged a block of rooms that are reserved for IEEE 802
attendees until the reservation deadline (room-block cut-off date).

c) This meeting will again be a Split-Meeting due to our continued
high attendance. All 802.3 WG meetings will be held at the Fairmont
Hotel Vancouver, so if you are planning to attend 802.3 all week and
are currently booked at the Hyatt, you should consider switching your
hotel reservation. We have arranged for a room block at the Fairmont
Hotel with a discounted IEEE 802 Group (code: GREEE1) room rate:
$250.00 (Canadian) for single occupancy, or $260.00 (Canadian) for
double/twin occupancy + tax per night. Please make your room
reservations directly with the hotel using the IEEE 802 Hotel
Reservation Form (page 5 of the Meeting Info PDF), the web, or by
phone. Cancellations made prior to 6 pm of arrival date will incur no
penalty. If you do need to cancel, make sure you get a cancellation
confirmation number. The Fairmont is located just across the street
from the Hyatt, so walking back and forth is easy.

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada  V6C 2W6
Reservation Phone:  (604) 684-3131    Toll Free:  (800) 441-1414
Reservation Fax:  (604) 662-1907
or you may make Web Reservations at:
https://www.fairmont.com/FA/en/CDA/Home/Secure/Reservations/CDRMRsvnMain/0,3
043,,00.HTML?sPromoCode=GREEE1&lPropertySeq=100133

d) Reservations cut-off date is May 31, 2002 for both hotels.  Please
make hotel reservations ASAP !!!

e) Should you require further information or Hotel reservation forms
please check the updated Meeting Announcement on the IEEE 802 website
at: http://ieee802.org/meeting/

Please contact us at  802info@ieee.org  or  (408) 241-8906  if you
require further information and/or assistance.  We look forward to
seeing you in Vancouver.

Thank you,
Dawn C. Slykhouse, IEEE 802 Conference Organizer
c/o Face To Face Events, Inc.