stds-802-16: Korean Visa details for Session #21

Finally, we have confirmation that most of us need no visa to travel to Session #21. I want to thank Remi Chayer for bringing to our attention an important piece of information on Korean visa requirements:
	http://www.emb-korea.ottawa.on.ca/html/visa.htm

Beforehand, we knew of the 30-day exemption for "tourists" or "visitors for sightseeing" from most countries. The Korean consulate in the U.S. told me that attending a conference would fall into this category, but I couldn't find anything definitive in writing that stated so. Now Remi has found it from the Korean Consultate in Ottawa:

Canadian citizens are exempt from obtaining a visa for tourism, visiting or business (without any employment activities) for a stay of 90 days or less. The permission to stay for 90 days or less will be given at the time of your entry.

Any foreign visitor of countries other than Canada {with some exceptions} may enter Korea without a visa for a stay of up to 30 days or less for tourism, transit to another country or business (without any employment activities) when carrying a valid passport and confirmed outbound tickets.

{Note 1: The web page lists some countries, notably P.R. China, that are excepted from this rule, so please check the web site for details.}

{Note 2: If you are an employee of a government, you might wish to check carefully; as an employee of the U.S. government, I found that I do need a visa.}

Roger