stds-802-16: 802.16a and 802.16c Sponsor Ballot comments and resolution

I'd like to answer a question I received that some others may also have:

>Can you explain our ability to edit (including editorial and technical) the current draft being voted on at this time? Who can propose changes, and who will vote on the changes? When will the voting take place? What is expected to happen in Korea with respect to the draft?

The IEEE-SA comment resolution process is described here:
	http://standards.ieee.org/resources/bal-res.html

It is basically very similar to what we do with comment resolution of Working Group Letter Ballots. The comments originate from a Ballot Group, and they are resolved a "ballot review committee". Typically, "ballot review committee" is the Working Group, or the appropriate Task Group, meeting on this topic. At Session #21, the 802.16 Working Group will be the ballot review committee for the IEEE-SA Sponsor Ballots of P802.16a and P802.16c. Task Groups a and c (respectively) will be delegated the task for developing the resolutions, and the Working Group will vote on affirming the resolutions.

Afterwards, the resolutions will be re-submitted to the Ballot Group for review in a ballot recirculation, generally with an updated draft.

Things get complicated if the ballots fail, either because the approval rate was less than 75% or, more likely, because the return rate was below 75%. Both of our current ballots are way short of the required return rate at the moment (TGa is at 39%; TGc is at 28% but with an additional week to go).

Roger

P.S. If you have comments to enter in the Sponsor Ballot but are not a member of the Ballot Group, then you may submit those comments through a member of the Ballot Group; for instance, me. If you want me to forward your comments, please make sure I have them, in a Commentary file, at least the day before the deadline date.