stds-802-16: 802.16 Vice Chair Election at Session #22

IEEE 802.16 Vice Chair Paul Struhsaker has told me that he will be
resigning his position due to a change of employment.

Therefore, at Session #22, the IEEE 802.16 Working Group will hold
elections to fill the Vice Chair position through the remainder of
the unexpired term (through the end of the Plenary session in March
2004).

This election will be on the agenda for Session #22 Closing Plenary
on the evening of Thursday, 14 November. The process will be loosely
based on the "IEEE 802.16 Working Group Officer Election Process":
	http://ieee802.org/16/docs/02/80216-02_09.pdf

but will be modified since we are electing a replacement. In
particular, we won't follow the paper ballot process exactly as
described there. I do, however, plan to finalize the list of names on
the ballot by the end of the 802.16 Opening Plenary next Monday.

If you are also interested in being a candidate, please let me know
as soon as possible. I'll be happy to discuss the position with you.
I will announce candidates as I hear of them. Nominations will also
be accepted from the floor.

Regards,

Roger
--