stds-802-16: A question about scheduling services

Dear sir:

I have a question about definitions of the scheduling services in
802.16.

In the Unsolicited Grant Service definition (6.2.5.1), we can read that:
    The UGS shall be specified using the following parameters: the
    Unsolicited Grant Size, the Nominal Grant interval, the Tolerated
    Grant Jitter, and the Request/Transmission Policy.

However, I cannot find the definition of the first two parameters in the
suitable section (11.4.8).

They were dropped in comment number 129 of the "P802.16/D4 Sponsor
Ballot Recirculation Comment Resolution and Editor's Report". The reason
for this absence is given: "connections should have proper traffic
parameters".

Well, but, how does the BS know the proper parameter's values?

Thanks in advance for your answer.