RE: stds-802-16: Re: venue options for Session #31

From my perspective, as someone facing going to Seoul for the IETF and
having handover duties in May, pushing 802.16 back to the start of June
would greatly simplify my life and the attitude of my wife...

DJ

David Johnston
Intel Corporation
Chair, IEEE 802 Handoff ECSG

Email : dj.johnston@intel.com
Tel   : 503 380 5578 (Mobile)
Tel   : 503 264 3855 (Office)

<http://ieee802.org/16/tge/schedule.html> showing Session #31 running
from 17-20 May 2004.

>We have three options available:
>
>(1) IEEE 802.15 Chair Bob Heile has been planning to arrange a joint
802.11/802.15 session, to which the other wireless groups will be
invited. He is expecting to finalize an agreement to hold the session in
Anaheim, CA, USA on the week of 10-14 May. According to the TGe
schedule, the loss of a week before Session #31 is a little risky; it's
possible that the ballot wouldn't close in time for the session. it's
also possible that we could tighten up the schedule.

>(2) As we discussed at Session #27, Andrew Kreig, President of the WCA,
has invited us to meet alongside WCA2004
<http://www.wcai.com/event/04gen.htm>
>in Washington, DC, USA on 1-4 June 2004. This is in many ways an
attractive offer, although the dates present some difficulties. Delaying
the session is actually not a problem in the TGe schedule, because there
is still easily enough time to conduct the anticipated recirc before
Session #32. However, since the week begins on a U.S. holiday, it might
be difficult to open the session early in the week. This might mean that
we need to meet through Friday and have a short week nevertheless. Also,
some members might be overcommitted due to responsibilities at the WCA.

>(3) Someone might volunteer to host or sponsor Session #31
independently. However, I have not heard any offers. If you are
interested, please see the IEEE 802.16 Interim Session Guidelines: