From: Joanne Brett [mailto:joannebrett66@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 2:07 PM
To: Eilts, Hank; stds-802-16@ieee.org
Subject: Re: stds-802-16: 802.16 and the Single Carrier

Dear Hank,

Do you not think as I do that a standard is by definition designed to focus
the
required implementation within a given subject area? It is most desireable
that
the wireless world and their customers should take this standard seriously.
Having succumbed to the attitude that the working group couldn't make a
decision so decided on the, "lets use all three", rather makes a nonsense of
the standard. We all agree that the input has been of a very high quality,
but
why have a standard if the subject matter isn't standardised. You and RevCom
will agree, the single carrier approah can achieve all that OFDM and OFDMA
can
achieve.

Kind regards,
Joanne