Re: [STDS-802-16] LE Ad-hoc - BS-BS Interf. - SOLUTIONS

Title:
Phil, All,

Thanks for comments. I agree that "Dynamic Channel Selection" should be part of the solution. However, only this will not resolve the problem.

I have a point to make:

It is possible PHY independent signaling, at least between 802.16 SCa, OFDM, OFDMA systems and 802.11a systems.

Al these standards have a common point: use FFT receivers (for channel equalization).

 In my understanding, as long as we use messages embedded in PHY signaling,  based on having energy in different zones of the channel (lets say using FFT 16 or FFT 32 in 10MHz, FFT 32 or FFT 64 in 20MHz), all these standards are able to detect it.

You can create simple messages by using "carrier position modulation", as shown in C802.16/04-30.

Be aware, I am NOT talking about  MAC MESSAGES.

I am talking about markers of frame start and simple messages based on PHY signaling.

Regards,

Marianna