Re: [STDS-802-16] UPDATE: voting on P802.16-REVd/D4 Sponsor Ballot comment resolution

At 14:49 -0500 04/04/29, Bob Nelson wrote:
>Sorry to bug you again so soon....
>
>I'm assuming the intent of the voting procedure is to vote aye/nay
>on the revised recommendation from the originator. This works fine
>for recommendations to accept or accept-modified. But what is the
>result of voting reject on a comment where the recommendation is to
>reject, acceptance of the original comment submission?

Bob,

We aren't voting to accept or reject the commentor's recommendation;
we are voting to accept or reject the proposed change.

If the commentor recommends "Reject", then we are being urged to vote "Reject".

Of course, it's preferable if people just Withdraw comments that they
no longer support. But that didn't always happen.

>Also there are 33 entries where no recommendation was provided. Does
>the statement "comment as it stands" mean the vote is made against
>the original comment submission?

Yes.

Roger