Re: [STDS-802-16] channel measurement report

Ambroise,

I think you are correct that there is ambiguity here.
According to the last sentance of p.79 (spilling into p.80),
"The SS may also send a REP-RSP containing channel measurement reports, in an unsolicited fashion,
or when non-primary user interference is detected above a threshold value."

I think I expect that the SS responds to the extDiUC=0 with such a RES-RSP,
but I guess there is no guarantee that this will happen.
There MAY be no need to use REP-REQ to get the response.

Unless someone more knowledgeable puts me right, then some clarity is needed here.
There is also the apparent issue of _which_ measurement to take in response to an extDIUC=0, as there are a number of possibilities listed in (11.11) and discussed in e.g. (8.3.8).

Given what I guess was the original intention of License-Exempt usage, maybe the message should just be the basic, but I do not know.

The BRC is currently voting on the D4 draft, so the next opportunity to comment on this will be the recirculation (14-29 May).  However, comment #123 from 80216-04_11r5 provides a vehicle for comment if such was needed.

As to your second point regarding "Upon receiving a REP-REQ the SS shall reply with a REP-RSP message and reset its measurement counters for each channel on which it reported", I think I agree: there is ambiguity as to whether you reset the measurement counters for all, or just for the items that the REP-REQ requires.  Again, it depends on what has been activated and by what.

Thanks for raising the issue.

Regards

David

Dr David Castelow            Airspan Communications Ltd
Senior Systems Engineer    Cambridge House, Oxford Road
DSP & Systems Design      Uxbridge UB8 1UN, UK
<http://www.airspan.com>   +44 (0) 1895 467281